LiveCode 4.6.1 won't run under Win7 Bootcamp on a new MacBook Pro with an SSD

J Scott Saults saultsj at missouri.edu
Sun May 22 12:50:36 EDT 2011

Newly installed LiveCode 4.6.1 starts, the menus, interface, and a dialog flash quickly then disappears when run on a new MacBook Pro (2007) with an SSD running 64-bit Windows 7 on Boot Camp (Same thing happens on Parallels running the Boot Camp as a VM) . It works fine under Mac OSX on the same Mac. It also works OK on the same Mac in a Parallels VM running 64-bit WinXP.  Has anyone else had a similar problem, or been able to run LiveCode 4.6.1 under 64-bit Win7 Enterprise on Boot Camp, especially with a MacBook and an SSD? I have submitted teck support request. Based on what I've heard, LiveCode works fine on 64-bit Win7, so this seems like a problem related to something about this configuration.

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions. -- J Scott Saults