experience Generating e-mail

Ronald Zellner zellner at tamu.edu
Sun May 22 12:39:00 EDT 2011

While my anecdote referred to an early unsolicited survey, my applications are directed at participants in specific projects and use approved e-mail lists; I don't send out to any general lists gleaned from the Internet, etc.
While my requests do not involve commercial or marketing activities, I agree that the  CAN-SPAM Act (summarized here http://www.ftc.gov/os/2005/01/050112canspamfrn.pdf) provides useful guidelines to acceptable practice.

Activities like this do involve "bulk emailings" but LC lets me customize directions, requests, or reminders for participation; this helps minimize any misunderstanding or concerns.  Where appropriate, an unsubscribe or opt-out feature is added to provide a convenient way to prevent any inappropriate future requests.  LC responds to that input in future activities;  I also have LC create additional records of what was sent and when.

I appreciate the feedback on this, so as a reward I'm going to share a lucrative business opportunity to acquire huge profits in Nigeria, just go to this site:

 Oh darn, I lost the link.    I'll let you know if they contact me again.

Ron