[OT] Pirate software in Germany?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sun May 22 11:48:47 EDT 2011

> I am 100% sure that Microsoft loves the fact that people
> pirate their software (especially the OS)

During the "Don't Copy that Floppy" era, a company set up offices throughout
South America to help local authorities crack down on piracy. Very often
they'd get called by local authorities because they'd hear that their
products were being pirated. So they would "help out" on investigations.
During those investigations, they'd offer the offending company (this was
against large companies) a special deal - we will forgive you your
transgressions if you purchase a special package of our software which
includes everything you could need to run an office at 10% of the full
price, provided that you promise not to use any competitors products.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software