LiveCode 4.6.1 message path and behaviors

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri May 20 08:38:37 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Keith Clarke <
keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk> wrote:

> In attempt to get my head around behaviors, I have revisited Trevor
> DeVore's Live 09 presentation on Behaviors and Custom Controls and put
> together my own map of (my understanding of) the 4.6.1 message path with
> standard and optional objects http://db.tt/dUrt0nL (Having seen great
> top-down and bottom-up examples, I thought I'd go left-to-right!)
>
> Is my map correct concerning the behavior feedback loops?

Yes, that looks right though I'm not quite clear on what 'Calling' Object
refers to. The basic idea is that if a control's behavior script calls a
handler and that handler is defined in both the control as well as the
control's behavior then the definition in the control will be triggered. The
behavior's definition of the handler is only triggered if the control passes
the message.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems

LiveCode Resources for Developers: http://livecode.bluemangolearning.com

Get SQL Yoga as part of the Omegabundle for LiveCode 2011: Save 85% on
essential tools for LiveCode development - omegabundle.com.