[OT] MacDefender

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu May 19 14:39:10 EDT 2011

While I agree mostly with Stephen, I think "deserve" is probably the wrong word. "Inevitable" comes to mind, as in it's inevitable that a person who in this day and age does not know to NOT click anything in a webpage that says he is infected, will get some kind of malware at some point in time.

I have recited the schpeel so may time I cannot count them, about not clicking the link in the email that says your bank account is compromised, or click the button in a web page that says "Clean", and STILL there are people here at work that when confronted with such traps, just H A V E   T O   C L I C K   IT!

We sadly have become quite ignorant of the technology that both enables us and endangers us. We thought that technology would make things "easier" in the end, but I have been saying all my life, that we only can trade one kind of pain for another. We cannot rid ourselves of pain altogether.

The real question to always ask, is the pain I am giving up more manageable then the pain I am taking on?

Bob