Europe Vs. America

Nonsanity form at nonsanity.com
Thu May 19 12:54:54 EDT 2011

Even printing money in English format (commas separating 1000's, period for
decimal) requires a homemade function for formatting. Here's one I threw
together for Euro format:

function PrintAsEuros x
   set itemdel to "."
   put item 2 of x into d[0]
   put 1 into a
   put trunc( x ) into x
   repeat until x is empty
      put char -3 to -1 of x into d[a]
      delete char -3 to -1 of x
      add 1 to a
   end repeat

   put "€. " into o
   repeat with b = a-1 down to 1
      put d[b] &"." after o
   end repeat
   delete last char of o
   put "," & char 1 to 2 of (d[0] & "00") after o

   return o
end PrintAsEuros

Nothing fancy, but it seems to work for me.

 ~ Chris Innanen
 ~ Nonsanity