Still learning

Steve Jones stevejones at mac.com
Thu May 19 11:07:56 EDT 2011

I"m trying to create my first iOS app for a non-profit group I work with.

There are several "screens" that contain large sections of text, such as a HISTORY screen, etc.

How do I created a card that allows you to show all the text by scrolling by flicking the entire screen up or down and that "bounces" at the end?  Much like "Notes" app when you have text in a note longer that a single screen.  Or alternately, how do you create a scrolling field in the default iOS style with the slim grey sliding bar to the side?  Everything I seem to try looks like a poor Mac version of scrollbars, etc when I run it in the simulator.  Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to handle text fields in iOS?

Thanks in advance, from a newbie.

Steve