OT: why can't I use "tasklist" in the Windows XP Cmd window?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Wed May 18 17:00:27 EDT 2011

Since I can't use 'the OpenProcesses' in LC to see what non-LC programs are running in Windows, I thought I'd look for the equivalent command in the cmd.exe command set, hoping in the end to run it via 'shell' from my LC app. The Microsoft documentation explains a function called 'tasklist' which looks promising, but my CMD window keep saying the command is not recognised. Other commands like 'start' and 'ipconfig' work OK. Can anyone with Windows knowledge explain what I'm doing wrong?

TIA

Graham