OT] how to update 2 values in each of 3000 records in MySQL

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed May 18 12:08:05 EDT 2011

There shouldn't be any problem accessing a mysql database over a network if
the administrator has allowed you access to it.  Hard to say whether that's
"the right way".  Updating values in 3000 records shouldn't be a very time
consuming activity but as Terry said, it's hard to say without knowing a lot
more about your db structure.  Are you putting the same values into all 3000
records?  If not, how many different values are there and how do you
identify which records are to be updated for each value?  Probably would
also need to know if you have indexes set up in your database which would
speed up the retrieval of the records to be updated.
Pete