Zip Files (revZipAddItemWithData)

Warren Kuhl warrenkuhl at gmail.com
Sun May 15 01:26:31 EDT 2011

I have articles which I am saving.  The user has the option of saving
the files individually or in a zip file.  When I save them
individually, the articles seem to get saved with carriage returns so
the paragraphs are separated.  When I save into a zip file, the
articles seem to be saved without carriage returns.

Below is the code I am using to save either as individual files or in
a zip file.  tArticle is my variable with the article.  I have added
breakpoints to confirm the carriage returns.  Any reason why they
would be removed when adding to a zip file?

         if hilite of button "Zip File" Of card is true then
            put (tFileName & tArticleCount & ".txt") into tFile
            revZipAddItemWithData tZipFile,  tFile, "tArticle"
         else
            put tArticle into URL ("File:" & tSaveFile & tArticleCount
& ".txt")
         end if

Thanks,
Warren