Classic CGI questions

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Fri May 13 10:36:45 EDT 2011

Hi all,

as I did not do too many CGIs in the past, I´d like to reassure myself to find reliable methods of reading in post data.

Why CGI and not revServer? - Need to deploy on a windows server (server 2003 running Apache)

I am posting data from a LiveCode Client to a Rev 3.5 CGI

Questions:

Can I on the CGI side see the HTTP Headers I have set in the LC Client?
Can I find out how long the content being posted is?
What is the most reliable method to read in POST data without hogging 100% CPU time on the server machine?

Thanks in advance,

Malte