What does Windows 'shell' expect?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu May 12 12:35:34 EDT 2011

Graham, in the form you used, Livecode passes the shell argument without the quotes. To Livecode,  the quotes are string delimiters, so to speak. Try:

put "start My Program.exe" into theWinApp
put quote before word 2 of theWinApp
put quote after word 2 of theWinApp
get shell(theWinApp)

You *could* try to embed the quotes in a single statement of course, but I find that sort of thing "dirty" especially if I am the one who later on has to figure out what the h*ll I was thinking.

Bob