In Need of Assistance (URGENT)

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu May 12 11:42:11 EDT 2011

On 05/12/2011 05:18 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Usually, I open a stack in a text editor before opening it in LiveCode, if I don't know whether the originating source of the stack can be trusted. By looking at the scripts, I'm usually able to tell what the stack does.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

I have an old-ish Pentium 3 that normally lurks under my bed. On the few
occasions
people have sent me unsolicited stacks, I have connected up the P3
(running Ubuntu 5.10 and
RunRev 2.2.1 for Linux) and given them a look; after all if they hose
that OS or that RR,
I can always wipe the HD and reinstall; and as the P3 cost me the
princely sum of $10,
it is well worth it as a first line of defence!

But that is because I am NOT a mage / maven like Mark Sh . . .  :)