What does Windows 'shell' expect?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu May 12 11:01:57 EDT 2011

Mark, thanks - your suggestion means that the example in the docs is just plain wrong (not enough quotes - apparently you need an empty set of quotes before the one with the program name). But I doubt if this will solve the problem of a program name with a space in it. So I still want to know what 'shell' expects. Also, what if the .exe isn't in "Program Files"? It looks as if the 'start' function makes some assumptions about the path to the program. It is hard to step out of the LC environment without learning a lot of other stuff...

I will do a few tests and then at least add a comment on the 'launch' dictionary entry - but I am scared of my own ignorance on this subject.

Graham

To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>