What does Windows 'shell' expect?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu May 12 06:03:22 EDT 2011

Following the instructions for "launch" in the LC docs, I tried the substitute method suggested:

get shell("start MyProgram.exe")

this didn't work using the name of the program in Windows Explorer, presumably because there was a space in the name.

I also tried to get a path to the program, which was reported by LC as

C:/Program Files/My Tests/My Test.exe

and this failed too, with Windows reporting that it couldn't find "Program". So shell doesn't like spaces. I thought that one could get rid of that by replacing space with "%20" but that didn't work either.

Pardon my ignorance, but what should I have done?

Graham