Windows hard disk search

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed May 11 18:35:28 EDT 2011

Just found this

On *Windows Vista/XP/2000*, the path is usually
%AppData%<http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/edit#appdata>
\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\, where xxxxxxxx is a random string
of 8 characters. Just browse to C:\Documents and Settings\[User
Name]\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\ on Windows XP/2000 or C:\users\[User Name]
\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\ on Windows Vista, and the rest should
be obvious.

So something like
put merge(" C:\users\[[$USERNAME]]\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\")
into tVistaPath will give you the trunk at which point all you have to do is
determine the name of the random folder name created by thunderbird and tack
it on to the end of the path.

Or even more simple, for the merge string use
"[[$APPDATA]]\Thunderbird\Profiles\" since the appdata global will give you
everything up to roaming including the username