DLL Externals and LiveCode - what's a handle and how do I use it?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed May 11 18:13:39 EDT 2011

Graham-

Following on the heels of Bob's description of what a handle is, I
think the correct question in this case might better be "how can I use
a handle in LiveCode?", and there your options are probably limited.
The only handle in the Windows sense that LiveCode gives you access to
is the windowHandle of the stack itself. If that's what you need, then
there's a command to get it. If you need to get a handle to a bitmap
in memory or a control on a stack then you're probably out of luck.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net