IDE 'Reset'

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 11 11:49:30 EDT 2011

David Glass wrote:

> Yes, there's nothing 'dangerous' or license-violating about it, but it
> seems analogous to writing the same block of code a bunch of times when
> a loop would be better.

Or quite possibly the other way around.  Think about all of the things
that would need to be taken into account to provide all the benefits of
multiple instances in a single instance, all the way down to global
vars, then compare with the one-time hit of a few seconds to make a copy
of the app and put it in your Dock.

> And it isn't really extensible.  How many duplicates is enough?

Four. :)

At least that's how many I have installed.  And I can't say I've ever
used more than three of them at once.

> Almost guaranteed it's going to be one more than I currently have created.
> Which means I'll have to stop doing whatever I'm doing, close down a
> copy of LC, dupe it, and then try to get back to where I was.

You shouldn't need to shut down the current instance.  You can make a
copy of the app at any time.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World