IDE 'Reset'

David Glass dglass at graymattercomputing.com
Wed May 11 01:52:42 EDT 2011

I often am working on more than one project at a time, and am trying to
come up with a way to do it in LC, particularly when using the GLX
framework which creates a bunch of support stacks.

LC doesn't allow duplicate stack names, so when I go to open another
project I get the 'Close, Purge, Cancel' (or whatever it is) message,
and I have to select Purge in order to completely remove the first
project's stacks, and load the second project's stacks.

The brute force way would be to have multiple copies of LC running, but
that is not really ideal, IMO.

My second thought (the first one was multiple copies of LC), was a
command (or series) in the Message Box that would save, close, and
remove from memory everything in the Application Browser, with the end
result being an empty Application Browser ready to be repopulated when I
open the next project.

My third thought was to ask here to see if anybody had any other ideas.
I'd be interested in hearing if other people have this same issue (maybe
it's just me), and if so how you've solved, or worked around, it.

(technically posting here was my fourth thought, since I'd already
posted to the forum; not surprisingly the audiences are somewhat different)

--
David Glass - Gray Matter Computing
graymattercomputing.com