Live LiveCode Code Event #22 Wrap-Up

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue May 10 19:44:26 EDT 2011

Dear LiveCoders,

Last Saturday, 7 May, we had another nice on-line gathering of LiveCode fans. This time we had 2 interesting presentations.

At the recent RunRev conference there was a contest, where attendees, and simulcast viewers, were asked to create a stack that was suitable for use on mobile devices, from scratch, using LiveCode. There were nine entries, with the winning entry being a jigsaw puzzle app that Colin made for the iPad. Colin showed us the app, and went over all of the code that makes it work.

Jim's introduced a collection of pages that can help the beginner, intermediate, and advanced users. There are quite a few resources available, but yet so many programmers do not know how to find them. You can find the links at the new web page http://blog.livecode.tv/links/

Watch Jim's presentation at http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14574695 or download it here http://qery.us/q5

eHUG raffled off the e-book "Take Control of Media on Your iPad" courtesy of TidBITS. The e-book was won by Thierry. Go to http://www.ehug.info for eHUG's website and to http://www.tidbits.com for TidBITS' site.

We are still looking for people who are willing to do a presentation. Please look at http://qery.us/oj for ideas and contact Björnke by e-mail and tell him when you're available.