Test stack for Gif animation and Background Patterns

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Tue May 10 18:30:25 EDT 2011

Hi Alejandro,

I used Livecode 4.6.1

The animation looks good, no black stripes. In the original dimensions of
your stack the processore usage is about 24% when animating, 10% when
"idling" (with the gifs animated without the backgroundpattern.

>Interesting enough, this code change does not show any improvement in XP.
>Maybe in Windows 7 or Vista, but not in XP.

The changes I made were not for speed or processor load, just for Livecode
to do its cleanup and make the stack responsive to user interaction like
dragging the stack around and accept mouse events.

I had stacks in a long repeat loop and a lot of image processing that led to
an increase in memory usage and eventually a crash in livecode. The crash
was gone once I used send in time. This apparently gave Livecode enough time
to release memory etc.

Kind regards

Bernd