Test stack for Gif animation and Background Patterns

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:48:49 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Please help me test how these features works
in more recent versions of Livecode;

Before testing, save and close all your current
work, given that running the background pattern
animation in this stack COULD crash LiveCode
and (in some Linux instalations) restart X or
GNOME Display Manager.

1- Download this stack:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/Animated_Backpattern.zip

Open your OS specific CPU usage control panel:
http://www.performancewiki.com/cpu-monitoring.html
http://osxdaily.com/2009/10/06/monitoring-cpu-usage-on-your-mac-a-better-top-command/
http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/menumeters/

2 - and click the topleft button named:
"Click me to [animate/stop] the Backpattern"

3 - Post your results:
Did the animated gif display correctly? i.e. not leaving black trails
(These animated gif are the hiragana syllables ba, bu)
Did your computer Processor usage shoots up?
(If your system do not crash...)

Thanks in advance!

Al