Approach to PDF input within LC

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:04:09 EDT 2011

on Mon, 09 May 2011 18:46:10 -0500
Ken Ray wrote:

> Graham, you can use a VBScript to do this... take a look at this tip on my site:
> http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/ext002.htm

I have read this Tip before, but was unable to find a Visual Basic DLL
to test it.

By the way, displaying all PDF content in a card is not a trivial
matter, given that
there are as many PDF varieties as applications that write them.
Some PDF are compressed, encripted, run Javascript code or have files attached
etc, etc, etc...

Some years ago, I collected many simple PDF files created by different
applications and, not surprisingly, the code of each PDF was completely
different of each other, although all of them displayed exactly the
same objects on
the screen. This tells more about the versatility of PDF readers than anything
else.

Maybe this tool by Curry Kenworthy could provide you with some
useful ideas for completing this task:

http://curryk.com/dev.html

WordLib: Import Microsoft Word and Open Office documents into LiveCode fields.
IDE: LiveCode or Runtime Revolution

Have a nice day

Al