Cannot use Message Box

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun May 8 14:21:23 EDT 2011

On 5/8/11 1:07 AM, Pete wrote:
> Well I guess that's the point.  We shouldn't be clearing globals that don'e
> "belong" to LC so why on earth is LC even trying to look at system globals
> that don;t belong to it?

So your scripts can use them. For example, it is common for scripts to
retrieve the $HOME global and other path-related info. It is standard
practice to retrieve the $# global in standalones so that you can
operate on its parameters. LiveCode doesn't discriminate or presume to
know which globals your stacks will need, it just gets them from the OS
and gives you access. I think you'd hear a lot of squawking if that
capability were removed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com