XML to array - what are the options?

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 09:58:05 EDT 2011

On May 8, 2011, at 3:03 AM, Keith Clarke wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I need to start learning about how best to convert XML files to
> arrays.
> There seems to be quite a lot of content around on this subject, so
> I'd really appreciate any pointers for where best to start my
> research.
> What is the state of the art regarding tools and techniques - and
> are there any stacks or tutorials that have helped others with this?

A good start...
http://www.sonsothunder.com/home/home.htm#xmllib211

by Ken Ray
has an XML library that is state of the art.
I spoke with Ken last week at the conference and he said that his lib
was not faster than the Rev XML, but had some better features.

The few times I did any work with parsing XML boiled down to text
chunking rather than using an XML lib.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas