command line examples

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Fri May 6 10:52:24 EDT 2011

Hello,

I had nice long chat with Richard Gaskin yesterday. Amongst the myriad of
topics we discussed was how to build simple apps that could be started from
the command line and run silently in the back ground.  I have been trying to
do a little R and D on this idea, but I am stymied by the fact that I can't
even get an app to launch via the command line.  I have searched the docs
and searched on line, and It seems as though this can be done. But I can't
find any really documentation on it, or any examples.

I have an standalone called "served.app"  What is the terminal command that
will launch it?  Are there special messages sent to the stack when it is
launched this way?  What are the options that can be passed?  I have heard a
rumor that there is  an option "-ui", but I have not as yet seen proof of
it's existence.

Does anyone have any examples or articles on how this is done?

Thanks

Todd

Todd Geist