Hide group on click

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Fri May 6 10:01:37 EDT 2011

Synonym might not be the correct term here but the dictionary could help us much more with Thesaurus and/or contextual relationships, because for the part-time coder, it's often difficult with LiveCode to know when to think of properties as nouns, adjectives, adverbs, etc.

Just look at the basic properties of an object:
• metal (noun) - why not 'metallic'
• liveResizing (could be a noun or verb?) - why not 'liveResizable'
• shadow (noun) - why not 'shadowy' or 'enshadowed' ;-)

OK, I guess we can forgive the adverbs - such as 'startUpIconic' - due to the relatively recent support for behaviours means that got into the mix.
Overall though, LiveCode seems as grammatically regular as any other aspect of English - that's why it's so easy to make mistakes!

Anyway, I'm off to boldly set some split infinitive custom properties on my array of mixed metaphors...
Best,
Keith..