GLXFramework

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Thu May 5 15:35:53 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Todd Geist <todd at geistinteractive.com>wrote:

> When I say "App". I mean something far more than a Stack or a script. I
> mean a maintainable, deployable, updatable application, that uses a
> reasonable approximation of contemporary UI and Interaction.  Something that
> has a chance of making it on the Mac App store ( or its X plat alternatives
> ).  That is what I mean.

Following up on my own post...

Why should it matter if it can get into the App store?

Simple economics. The best way to make sure that a platform like Live Code
grows is to ensure that lots and lots and lots of people can make money with
it.  This is not to belittle academic, artistic, or not for profit pursuits.
To be sure profit is not the only force that drives people to use a
platform, but it almost certainly the strongest one.

Todd

Todd Geist