Staying on a field

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 06:46:06 EDT 2011

There have been several threads on the list over the last few years
about the inaccuracy of 'is a date' to truly trap errors.

The best source I know is the free stack done by Sarah Riechelt at

        http://www.troz.net/rev/index.irev?category=Library#stacks

Also try clicking on the 'ALL' selection under "Sample Stacks" on the
same page to see more stacks.

On May 3, 2011, at 11:26 PM, Pete wrote:

> Folks,
> Not strictly related to this but what date format does the syntax
> "if this
> is not a date" use?  And where is it documented that  "a date" is a
> valid
> expression?  Just curious since I've spent several hours writing
> code to try
> to validate a date based on the user's system settings and I've
> never seen
> mention of this anywhere

Jim Ault
Las Vegas