weird system global name is crippling LC!

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed May 4 01:06:40 EDT 2011

Help!

Apparently Google Chrome defined a global on my Mac that is crippling all my
versions of LiveCode. LC can't do ANYTHING that requires dealing with globals -
like opening the script editor - because it runs into this global var name and
doesn't know what to do with it (I assume because of the slashes in the var name).

I went back to Rev 4.0 and tried to edit a script; I get this error message:

|        executing at 9:09:00 PM
Type    do: error in source expression
Object  Variables
Line    do tStatement
Hint    global
$COM_GOOGLE_CHROME_FRAMEWORK_SERVICE_PROCESS/USERS/PHIL/LIBRARY/APPLICATION_SUPPORT/GOOGLE/CHROME_SOCKET

Note the global name in the "Hint" line above:
COM_GOOGLE_CHROME_FRAMEWORK_SERVICE_PROCESS/USERS/PHIL/LIBRARY/APPLICATION_SUPPORT/GOOGLE/CHROME_SOCKET

I opened Terminal and typed "set" to see the vars defined, and there it was with
a value of "/tmp/launch-FbX6le/ServiceProcessSocket".

Now my question... How do I delete it from the Terminal command line? I don't
remember! Hellllpppp!

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
--