uniencode(utf8Text, "unicode") vs uniencode(utf8Text) vs uniencode(utf8Text, "UTF16")

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Mar 30 13:34:40 EDT 2011

See, that to me flies in the face of how most functions seem to work. It's understandable that in this instance you cannot expect the function to know or tell what you have in the first place, so passing that in as an argument appears necessary. But as someone else had suggested, what is really needed then is a standard encode function where you pass in what you have and what you want to end up with as arguments. However, as a wise man once said, what it is is what it is.

Bob