best data format

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Mon Mar 28 23:24:44 EDT 2011

There's a gotcha with storing data in custom properties (or any LC objects for that matter) if you plan to build a standalone version of your program.  Everything works fine in the IDE but in the standalone whatever you store won't survive when you quit the program.

There are various ways around this but they all involve some extra work in how you structure your stacks and substacks.  There are others on this list that can describe what needs to be done better than I but just plan for this earlier in your application rather than later.

Pete Haworth