Weird script behaviour (was libUrlDownloadToFile & urlProgress)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 24 00:27:24 EDT 2011

On 3/23/11 8:46 PM, Gerry wrote:
> Jacq
>
> Figured it out. Later in the card script I set up a scroll control,
> and include this line in that setup script:
>
> iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "declerationRate", fast
>
> The compiler doesn't like that line. If I comment it out or put
> "fast" in quotes, everything works fine.

Interesting. I'm not sure why you didn't get an error instead, but those
commands are fairly new, and wired into the engine a little differently.
Rule of thumb in LiveCode though is to always quote literals. Some
people don't, but while the engine can be somewhat forgiving about that,
eventually it will bite you. It also speeds up your code, because the
engine doesn't have to figure out if the term is a literal or a variable.

> So, sorry for bothering the list with my human error :)

Not at all, that's why we're here. And I, at least, learned something.
Go ahead and make some more mistakes. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com