nother newbie question this time re foundChunk

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:51:49 EDT 2011

If you know the number of words in the field:
     put the number of words in field "narrative" into tWords

and you know the location of the found word:
     put the number of words in (char 1 to (word 4 of tfound)) in field
"narrative" into tFoundWord
-- didn't try it, check syntax

then you should be able to grab the number of words you want directly. Will
still need to make sure the word location isn't too close to the beginning
or end of the text, but if you wanted 5 words on either side of the found
word you could do:
     put word (tFoundWord - 5) to (tFoundWord + 5) of field "narrative" &
the short ID of this card & cr &cr after tFoundList

There is probably a better way, but this should work.  Again, untested but I
think other than lacking the checks for too close to the start or end to get
5 words on either side, it should be close to what you want.

Oh, and if there is a lot in your narrative field, it might not hurt to do
the word counting stuff against a variable instead for speed purposes:
     put field "narrative" into tNarrative

do your find as normal, but change to:
     put the number of words in tNarrative into tWords

as well as:
  put the number of words in (char 1 to (word 4 of tfound)) in tNarrative
into tFoundWord

and:
put word (tFoundWord - 5) to (tFoundWord + 5) of tNarrative & the short ID
of this card & cr &cr after tFoundList