[RevServer] LiveCode playing well with PHP

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Mar 21 16:16:48 EDT 2011

Folks,

Today I faced a little problem that appeared quite hard first. I use a
commercial captcha library that was built in PHP. The problem was that the
captcha library wrote to the PHP Session and the captcha verification tried
to read from that session. My confirmation page is an old-style Revolution
CGI, so the captcha verification was failing because of the silly PHP
Session. After reading and some reverse engineering, I was able to read from
the files that PHP uses to store its session data. Now I am able to read and
write to disk-based session data used by PHP and the captcha is working.

If anyone here is trying to read from php session from inside livecode come
in contact and I will explain, I don't have generalized routines.

cheers
andre