Sort of OT: mysql and select from two tables...?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Wed Mar 16 19:10:46 EDT 2011

Hi Bob...

session_user() appears to give me something other than the current
logged in user. It returns:   myaccount_nameofdatabase

This is what I did to test it out:

$result = mysql_query( "SELECT session_user() FROM teacher_user" )
or die("SELECT Error: ".mysql_error());

$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);

print "There are $num_rows records.<P>";

print "<table width=600 border=1>\n";
while ($get_info = mysql_fetch_row($result)){
print "<tr>\n";
foreach ($get_info as $field)
print "\t<td>$field</td>\n";
print "</tr>\n";
}
print "</table>\n";

I think even if I could return just the current user's profile (fields
in their record) using the session_register command in mySQL I'd be
making progress :-)

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

John Patten