LiveCode color map

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 13 19:59:52 EDT 2011

On 3/13/11 6:00 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Pretty cool. So now if I make this a library stack, could I assign
> colors by the names in this stack? That would be cool.

Actually the "colornames" property has been there since day one, but RR
has always hidden it. You can set colors by name via the message box or
script though. I haven't looked at Hugh's stack yet, but it sounds like
he's making use of that.

Completely aside: I often use the colornames when I want to generate
random input for testing, or assemble a random string. "get any
<char|line|word> of the colornames" is a quick way to do that when you
just need a big list of text as a source. The colornames is really long,
so there are lots of lines available.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com