Scale Icon in a Button

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 12 01:46:59 EST 2011

On 3/11/11 11:07 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> That would work I guess. Since it's true I have the image in my
> LiveCode stack, should I employ some of the methodology for scaling
> graphics in LiveCode on the original image itself? The Button icon
> should then follow suit eh? I will explore later.

Right. The button icon will be whatever size its source image is, so if
you want to use it with a smaller button, scale the image in your stack,
not the button.

You can set the lockloc of the image to true and set its size to
something smaller without losing the original. You can always set it
back to its original size later if you need to. You might get better
clarity scaling it in a dedicated graphics program though, it depends on
the image. LiveCode doesn't do a bad job with scaling.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com