OT: On-Rev antispam (& reCAPTCHA)

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Mon Mar 7 09:38:50 EST 2011

They make a lot of money. Normally there's some url hidden in the crap, and if people go there they make 2 cents from google adverts. If they spam 2 million per day, and the turnaround is 0.1 percent, then they get a good income. Sometimes they also harvest email replies, and working email addresses can also be sold to other spammers and scammers for about 5-10 cent per piece.