Creating a scrollview with Livecode

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Mar 1 19:38:23 EST 2011

Recently, Eric Peyron wrote:

> I am trying to create an eComic with Livecode and I need the user to be able
> to scroll each page vertically or horizontally.  When I developped the App in
> Objective-C, I had to implement a scrollview, but as I am still a beginner, I
> don't know how to do this in Livecode yet. Can anyone help?

If you wind up with a large image (or set of images), you'll probably want
to group them, set the size of the group to whatever size you need on your
card, set the lockLoc of the group to true (this keeps the group from
expanding to show all its contents), and then enable whatever scrollbar/s
you need: vscrollbar and/or hscrollbar.

Another option you might consider is placing each image/panel on its own
card, and then using transitions when navigating between cards -- see
"Working with Visual Transition Effects" in the User Guide (on Mac OS X
there may even be a page turn effect available, I can't recall).  This might
make for a an interesting presentation.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director