Creating a scrollview with Livecode

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 18:19:17 EST 2011

On Mar 1, 2011, at 2:55 PM, Eric Peyron wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to create an eComic with Livecode and I need the user to
> be able to scroll each page vertically or horizontally.  When I
> developped the App in Objective-C, I had to implement a scrollview,
> but as I am still a beginner, I don't know how to do this in
> Livecode yet. Can anyone help?

I think you will want to take the objects on a card and make them into
a group.
At that point you can set the group vscroll & hscroll to 'on'

If you also set the group to 'behave like a background' then new cards
added to the same stack will add any of the groups so marked.

You can 'place' or 'remove' any groups from any card.
Groups are part of the stack and don't have to appear on any of the
cards.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas