Following up on shell(locale) problem

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Mar 1 16:47:11 EST 2011

Thanks Francois.  I don;t think that's the problem though.  If I use the LC shell command to execute the locale command and put it's output into a file, the contents of the file are correct.  BUt then if I open the file in LC and put the contents into a field, it's garbled again.

I wonder if there are some strange hidden characters in the output that are confusing LC?

Pete Haworth