Snapshot command and non-rect polygon selections?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jun 29 16:23:35 EDT 2011

John, I don't think you can automatically do what you're asking -- a
snapshot always "grabs" from a rectangle.

You either need to do as Andre suggests, or you have to define the L region
yourself, and mask it out of the snapshot image.  You can do this using a
combination of ink effects, or by artificially applying alpha transparency
to the snapshot.  There are probably a few other ways as well.

Here's an example of masking using ink effects:
 go url "http://tactilemedia.com/site_files/downloads/masking_options.rev"

Here's an example of applying alpha transparency to one image using the
imageData of another image:
 go url "http://tactilemedia.com/site_files/downloads/get_alpha.rev"

Hope this helps.

Regards,