Visual Effect command

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Jun 27 19:49:14 EDT 2011

> Looks like the show and hide commands allow you to name a stack, but there's
> no way to specify that the stack should be modal, which is what I need.  I
> thought about trying "go invisible stackname as modal" followed by the show
> command but I think the script would stop execution at the go command so the
> show would never happen until after I return from the modal stack.

Actually, Pete, you found the one way to create a *non-modal* modal... it's
a way I've used many times to show a modal progress bar that does not block
script execution:

 put "Before"
 go invisible stack "MyModal" as modal
 set visible of stack "MyModal" to true
 put "After"

--> Puts "Before", opens the modal, then immediately puts "After" into the
message box, and the modal is still open

So perhaps it *would* work for you after all...

Ken