Distinguishing CLI from GUI

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Mon Jun 13 18:27:50 EDT 2011

On Monday, June 13, 2011 12:54:04 PM Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Warren Samples wrote:
> > It seems to be working here although certain letters seem not to be
> > usable. For example -s does not work. I can get an answer dialog to
> > return "-h" when used as a cl flag and the app will do something if
> > there is a variable $x which equals -h.
> >
> > as a silly example, this script does exactly what it looks like it
> > should:
> >
> > on openstack
> >
> >     answer $0 && $1 && $2 && $3 && $4 && $5
> >     if $1 is "-h" then answer "hooboy, it works"
> >
> > end openstack
> >
> > using this command: '/myApp -h a-param -o some-param' answers "/myApp -h
> > a-param -o some-param" and then answers "hooboy, it works".
> >
> > openSUSE 11.4 with Bash.
>
> Curious.
>
> Are you able to get those args when running faceless?
>
> I haven't, but at least the windowID trick seems to be a reasonable for
> around for the moment.
>
> --
>   Richard Gaskin

This simple script:

on openStack
  put $0 && $1 && $2 && $3 into url "file:/home/warren/Documents/launchtestLOG.txt"
    if $3 is "-h" then get shell("opera")
end openStack

seems to work as expected with and without -ui. Using this command: ''launchTest -ui -Q some-param -h"
launches Opera and creates the file with this line: "launchTest -Q some-param -h".

Warren