doublebyte chars

Slava Paperno slava at lexiconbridge.com
Sun Jun 12 11:42:19 EDT 2011

In my first response I suggested you use "word N of the unicodeText of field
MyFiled." I still recommend that.

Instead of manipulating the fields, as you would with single-byte text, I
suggest you put their unicodeText into variables, use the uniDecode(MyVar,
"UTF8") function to convert the variables to UTF8 and then manipulate the
UTF8 text in the variables. When you need to see the text, convert it back
to UTF16 using uniEncode(MyVar, "UTF8") and assign that to the unicodeText
of field MyField.

Slava