Where does survive the inventive user ?

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Thu Jul 28 22:40:20 EDT 2011

On 28.07.2011 at 15:50 Uhr -0700 Bob Sneidar apparently wrote:
>I don't agree that Hypercard didn't work. It worked amazingly! Just
>not as a mainstream development environment, but it was never
>marketed or presented as such. A lot of people wrote Xcmd's for it.
>One guy wrote an Xcmd that allowed you to access a dBase database
>file and read and write to it. It wasn't very good though, very
>buggy, but the concept was sound.

If I recall, HyperCard was called an "erector set" for Mac users, not
necessarily programmers, and indeed used mostly by non-professional
programmers. There was also an Xcmd for Valentina -- yes, I started
using Valentina database with HyperCard -- and it worked really well
but Valentina was not network based then.

Robert