Field Sizes [was: [ANN] New plugin AAG|LayerComps]

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Jul 25 17:33:02 EDT 2011

On Jul 25, 2011, at 2:32 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 4:14 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:
>
>> On 7/24/11 1:23 PM, Pete Haworth wrote:
>>
>>> I guess this isn't quite the same thing but why is it that when I create a
>>> field by script, the size of the field is different than when I just drag
>>> one to my stack from the Tools palette.  I thought the templates were
>>> supposed to ensure consistency but maybe I'm misunderstanding their
>>> purpose
>>>

>> When you create by script, the size of the template object is used. When
>> you create from the tool palette, the IDE intercepts and adjusts the sizes
>> to those specified in your preferences.
>>

> just out of curiosity, what does MC IDE do, any clue?

It doesn't do anything... since you aren't dragging a fully formed object onto your card and you are just given the tool to create the object you want, it will be whatever size you make it. That's on the list of things to add to the MC IDE - being able to set the "HIG size" of an object...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/