Adding cookies to RevBrowser

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 19 00:38:42 EDT 2011

My university has just implemented a Single Sign-On service which is
probably a good thing for most but breaks all my existing routines for
authenticating against the university library (to allow me to display
library resources either in a revBrowser instance or in the user¹s default
browser).

Anyway, I can apparently request a token (by posting a username and password
combination to a particular url) and use this to set a browser cookie, which
should then allow me to avoid displaying an SSO login screen to the user
when they first try to access a library resource. Can someone give me some
clues as to how I go about manually setting a named cookie for RevBrowser
and/or the user¹s default browser?

Cheers,

Terry...

--
Dr Terry Judd | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Education Unit