LiveCode development for Android - compatible controls

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 1 13:20:34 EDT 2011

On 7/1/11 11:43 AM, Mark Stuart wrote:

> In the option button, I created a menuPick script and tested it on the
> Android emulator. The script wouldn't fire.
> I then changed to a mouseUp script in the button and that didn't fire
> either.

Option buttons don't exist on Android. The usual interface for settings
and such is to provide a regular button at the bottom and switch to a
list view. For screen-integrated options, use a regular button and when
touched, show the Android list dialog. That isn't implemented natively
yet, but you can fake it with a custom control that uses a field and
some circle-icon buttons. The Android developer site has a good overview
of the OS HIG.

> So my question is: how many are finding these stumble blocks and where
> can I find more lessons/examples of how all this works.
> Run Rev lessons are lacking in this area.

The best source of info is the Android release notes, which you can
access from LiveCode's Help menu. That explains what is implemented so
far and what will be implemented later.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com